13+ years experience
- Shutterstock Growth - $60m increased to $330m with 40% growth and 25% EBITDA
- New Product lines such as offset.com which exceeded planned growth by 160% in first 18 months.
- Shutterstock Music - On plan, on time, Exceeding revenue expectations in first year.
- Shutterstock Premier (enterprise product) exceeding $40m in 36 months.
- Beatport 1,2,3 each hitting or exceeding revenue targets.
- PromoOne product release penetrating 30% of Labels within Beatport.
- Hired, recruited, managed 25+ cross functional development teams to drive growth.
- Created swim lane ownership, metrics based accountability for teams.
- Public speaking, panels, blogging, PR, Investor relations, board reviews.
- Company culture creation through meetups, company stand ups, hackathons,
- Mentorship, coaching, 4 GMs, 4 directors, 2 VP’s groomed through product organization.
Research, Qualitative & Quantitative
- Drive product innovation through consistent customer interaction, averaging 3-5 customers per week contact.
- Customer segmentation in 2014 leading to marketing and product strategic initiatives.
- Ethnography leading to user personas for video, music, image customers - driving product roadmap.
- Constant usability testing leading to shortened time to action and improved key engagement metrics.
- Survey data used to consider new asset types leading to music and editorial content additions
Search, Discovery, Personalization & Recommendations
- Creation of relevance algorithm based on research increasing engagement by 16%
- Shutterstock Labs accounts for 10% of all user engagement, drives innovation in search experience.
- Optimize most popular algorithm to increase subscription retention by 11%
- Introduction of image recommendations increasing conversion on image pages by 5%
- Video, Music, Image cross recommendation algorithms created, increase cross sell of content by +10%
- Sharded search index increasing search performance by 40% on key terms (90th percentile)
User Experience, Design
- Launched new Shutterstock branding & logo with global rollout from onsite marketing to blogs.
- “One Shutterstock” product UX strategy aligning all Shutterstock properties - 15% increase of cross promotion
- Merchandising content and Shutterstock properties through landing pages, UX, content marketing.
- Creation of “Shutterstrap” front end library to unify experience across properties.
- Patented Mosaic image search grid improving paid conversion by 6%.
- Creation of E-Commerce product teams (Retention, Conversion, Commerce, Identity, International)
- Added 10-40$ annual revenue through testing optimization, pricing, packaging and retention techniques
- Development of Absinthe - AB testing platform used by 15+ teams allowing 100s of concurrent tests.
- Subscription retention improvements by 8% in one year on 200m+ subscription revenue.
- Introduction of multi-seat product averaging $15m annual revenue within 24 months.
- Shutterstock for iPad - 2012 Webby Award for utilities & services.
- Universal Shutterstock app for android and IOS achieves + 300k installs. 60% repeat usage.
- “Shutterstock for contributors” launched in 2014, 40% market penetration.
- Beatport iPhone app with 100k installs.
- Added 19 languages to Shutterstock over 4 years.
- International pricing and packaging optimization leading to +3m annual revenue increase.
- Japan user research including search and localization efforts going from 7% to 40% YOY growth.
- German search / dictionary improvements leading to +10% conversion increases.
- CJK morphological analysis improvements leading to 15% higher search success.